Dolores Cummins is an experienced management consultant and thought leader in the areas of team engagement and leadership development. Put C5 Leadership to work within your organisation for a massive return on investment.
Our approach is based on emotional intelligence, agility, and continuous learning. Our mission is to transform people and organizations through innovation, personal development, collaboration, and connection.
We are seasoned executive practitioners who have spent decades in organisational change and team building. As much as we inspire, coach, and develop valued human capital, our experience in a variety of industries and at multiple levels of leadership brings you fresh perspectives to your situation.
Emotional intelligence begins with self-awareness—getting in touch with your inner voice. Our process encourages self-awareness and clarity. Leaders who heed their inner voices can draw on more resources to make better decisions and connect with their authentic selves.
The best way to find out if you lead with emotional intelligence is to take a quiz. Here are five questions to help you determine if you are leading with emotional intelligence:
1. Do I actively listen and try to understand the feelings of others?
2. Am I able to identify my own emotions, strengths, and weaknesses?
3. Do I strive to create an environment of trust, respect, and collaboration among my team members?
4. Am I able to identify the causes of conflict and resolve them in a constructive manner?
5. Do I take responsibility for my actions and reflect on how they impact others?
If you can answer yes to all of these questions, then it’s likely that you are leading with emotional intelligence. Congratulations! If you need some help boosting these skills, there are plenty of resources available to help you become a better leader. Try reading books on the topic or taking an online course in emotional intelligence. Good luck!